Hello and welcome…to this Radio Drama Page, my name is Capt. Joe Ely Carrales, III and I am he author of a political satire type that is yet to take hold in America…The Radio Drama.
What’s the Show about?
“One night in Corpus Christi” follows the lives of Douglas and Honey McKillyou and their neighbors, Reggie Parkinson and Trixie Walker, as they try to deal with life in the “Capital of South Texas,” Corpus Christi.
The purpose of the episodes is to provide commentary on local and national issues and, perhaps above all, to entertain. Fan feedback is appreciated, welcomed and actually used. It is hoped that one can gain insight into South Texas life by reading about it. Don’t worry, extra pains are endured to insure that the writing isn’t too, regional.
So please take the time to read these scripts and see if they “float your boat!”
1) “The Cat Burglar”- Pilot Episode We are introduced to Douglas and Honey McKillyou as they defend their home from…well, just click and find out!
2) Douglas, Honey and Mr. Parkinson try to deal with bisexuality and having to give a sermon at church.
3) “Mistaken Indemnity?”- Douglas and the gang have to deal with the effect of gossip and a press that will print anything.
4) “Faculty Meeting?”- Douglas goes head to head with this Principal, Principal Dumples, and Honey spikes his cereal with…well, you will just have to click here!”
5) “Home Invasion”- Douglas and Honey are “caught in the act” by two burglars.
6) “Shattered Principal”- Doug’s second round with Principal Dumples: Administrator. Reggie Parkinson actually “gets some,” but does he want it?
7) “Council Meeting”- Doug and Reggie face the Corpus Christi City Council and…oh yeah…Reggie isn’t a bisexual.
8) - Honey throws Doug out of the house and is visited by three Hosts of Christmas.
9) Douglas is forced to deal with a hole in the kitchen wall, his lesbian mother-in-law and the legal system.
10) Douglas and Honey spend New Year’s Eve with Douglas’ father, Roger, in Premont, Texas. Plenty of small town fun.
1) “Back at School-2004”- Douglas and Honey apply their magic on Reggie and Trixie, while Douglas faces all his legal and workplace foes all at once. Can he overcome such odds…read and find out.
2) Douglas, meets Superintendent Rodriguez and we see Attorney Thomas M. Edwards at work.